Close followers of the Climategate controversy know that much of the mêlée surrounds an email in which Climate Research Unit (CRU) chief Phil Jones wrote about using “Mike's Nature Trick” (MNT) to “hide the decline.” [...]
Kind of odd that the cut above was so short. I guess the full Truth ius hard to decline?
[...] So please allow me to explain in what I hope are easily digestible terms.
First and foremost -- contrary to what you’ve likely read elsewhere in the blogosphere or heard from the few policymakers and pundits actually addressing the issue, it was not the temperature decline the planet has been experiencing since 1998 that Jones and friends conspired to hide. Certainly, the simple fact that the email was sent in November of 1999 should have allayed any such confusion.
In fact, the decline Jones so urgently sought to hide was not one of measured temperatures at all, but rather figures infinitely more important to climate alarmists – those determined by proxy reconstructions. As this scandal has attracted new readers to the subject, I ask climate savvy readers to indulge me while I briefly explain climate proxies, as they are an essential ingredient of this contemptible conspiracy.
Truth be told -- even reasonably reliable instrumental readings are a relatively modern convenience, limiting CRU’s global measured temperature database to a start date somewhere in the mid-19th century. That’s why global temperature charts based on actual readings typically use a base year of 1850 or somewhere thereabouts.
And yet -- most historical temperature charts, including the one Al Gore preached before in An Inconvenient Truth, go way back to 1000 AD. That’s where proxies come in. [...]
See the first UPDATE to this post as I list all the articles Marc Sheppard wrote at American Thinker.
So, "proxies" were used, just like the fabled carbon dating was used in evolution. Odd that, eh? What were the temperatures way back then, Goracle? Made up fiction? Much the same as carbon dating was done? How much carbon was in the atmosphere way back then, eh? I suppose we can say that carbon dating and temperature proxies are the same made up versions of the myth of global something.
And then, I supose that Politically correct genocide is the best way to treat the non-issue of the global warming myth? We can save the planet by eliminating Africa?
[...] What makes such idiocy as "population offsets" fashionable among the bien pensant sophisticates is their conceited belief that they possess a monopoly on good intentions, and that good intentions are all that matter. That nonsensical belief was thoroughly debunked by Thomas Sowell's The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy.
Once you understand the nature of this fallacy -- "Good intentions toward Group X will result in policy beneficial to Group X" -- you gain a certain contempt for the way liberals habitually celebrate their own good intentions by accusing conservatives of mala fides. In terms of public policy, it matters not a whit whether you love Africans, hate Africans or don't have an opinion about Africans; the test is whether they are actually benefitted by your policy ... [...]
What ever happened to that palsified body of morons in Australia that told their kids at school to kill themselves because their carbon printing was all wrong? I gess there's just more people to waste in Africa? I thought the libtards were all wanting to help everyone in Africa. You know. Helping everyone out at our expense.
Saturday various and sundry: great read! They mention the myth of the warming quagmire.
This warming thing needs to get out more. There are still quite a few people trying to say that the myth of global warming is a charade(?). Gabriel Malor at Ace brings us How NASA is Fudging Climate Data and tells us to ge here: Example of Climate Work That Needs to be Checked and Replicated.
[...] A few posts back, I showed how nearly 85% of the reported warming in the US over the last century is actually due to adjustments and added fudge-factors by scientists rather than actual measured higher temperatures. I want to discuss some further analysis Steve McIntyre has done on these adjustments, but first I want to offer a brief analogy.
Let’s say you had two compasses to help you find north, but the compasses are reading incorrectly. After some investigation, you find that one of the compasses is located next to a strong magnet, which you have good reason to believe is strongly biasing that compass’s readings. In response, would you
1. Average the results of the two compasses and use this mean to guide you, or
2. Ignore the output of the poorly sited compass and rely solely on the other unbiased compass?
Most of us would quite rationally choose #2. However, Steve McIntyre shows us a situation involving two temperature stations in the USHCN network in which government researchers apparently have gone with solution #1. [...]
Go read that entire article. Bits an pieces seem to click through...not for me but for the global warming morons.
87. 87 stories? LOL!! Anyway...
Well? Like Arianna says, they had to get there and once there they have to get around and all that.
[...] As Glenn Reynolds says: “I’ll believe it’s a crisis when the people who tell me it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis.” [END]
Copenhagen is preparing for the climate change summit that will produce as much carbon dioxide as a town the size of Middlesbrough.
On a normal day, Majken Friss Jorgensen, managing director of Copenhagen's biggest limousine company, says her firm has twelve vehicles on the road. During the "summit to save the world", which opens here tomorrow, she will have 200.
"We thought they were not going to have many cars, due to it being a climate convention," she says. "But it seems that somebody last week looked at the weather report." [...]
Doesn't anyone get this yet? Anyone? Anywhere? I mean, besides myself and hords of conservatives? Look at it this way...let's just say that one day global warming is real and we all take part, do we just ride horses forever and take sail boats across the seas? What is with all of these gas guzzling aircraft and high dollar SUVs?
[...] Ms Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. "We haven't got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand," she says. "We're having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden."
And the total number of electric cars or hybrids among that number? "Five," says Ms Jorgensen. "The government has some alternative fuel cars but the rest will be petrol or diesel. We don't have any hybrids in Denmark, unfortunately, due to the extreme taxes on those cars. It makes no sense at all, but it's very Danish."
The airport says it is expecting up to 140 extra private jets during the peak period alone, so far over its capacity that the planes will have to fly off to regional airports – or to Sweden – to park, returning to Copenhagen to pick up their VIP passengers.
As well 15,000 delegates and officials, 5,000 journalists and 98 world leaders, the Danish capital will be blessed by the presence of Leonardo DiCaprio, Daryl Hannah, Helena Christensen, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Prince Charles. A Republican US senator, Jim Inhofe, is jetting in at the head of an anti-climate-change "Truth Squad." The top hotels – all fully booked at £650 a night – are readying their Climate Convention menus of (no doubt sustainable) scallops, foie gras and sculpted caviar wedges. [...]
OH. MY GOD!! THEY ARE DRIVING IN LIMOS FROM HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY?
As I have said before, someone needs to tell the Goracle and after he is told about his fraud, perhaps they can tell the Daily Kosmonoffs and let them know that the fraud of global warming is actually true. This is sheer lunacy...
[...]And you notice the Daily Kos headline above. I've been around academic and blogging debates for a while, but the sheer willful blindness on the left is staggering. Here's the post, "Seas to Rise 4.6 feet by 2100 as Antarctic Melt Quickens." [...]
It is clear that the KOSmonoff morons haven't heard about global ice GROWING by THOUSANDS of miles and at the moment, the ice on the poles far surpasses that ice on the planet since 1973. WAKE UP MORONS!
The Goracle. I wonder how this moron sleeps at night.
Just like the title at memeorandum so stated, here's The Decline...
There's also more at Memeorandum...
The Snooper Report. Join us as we Take Our Country Back.
Sic vis pacem para bellum
Articles By Marc Sheppard
- Understanding Climategate's Hidden Decline
- CRU's Source Code: Climategate Uncovered
- CRU Files Betray Climate Alarmists' Funding Hypocrisy
- The Evidence of Climate Fraud
- UN Climate Reports: They Lie
- ICCC Three Brings Climate Reality To Washington DC
- Study Finds Even Climate 'Alarmed' Americans Don't Want Cap-and-Trade
- Global Warmists' Sly Polar Disorder
- Movie Honors Holocaust Hero Robbed of Nobel Prize
- The Planet Cools While Romm Burns
- No Wonder Climate Alarmists Refuse to Debate
- Capping & Trading on Obama's $250,000 Lie
- The Clear and Cohesive Message of the International Conference on Climate Change
- US Public Schools Teaching Children Pro-Islamic Propaganda
- Carbon Regulation: One Scientist's Unscientific Dream?
- Has NASA's Hansen Finally Lost His Mind?
- Save The Children (From Global Warming Propaganda)
- Climate: Change You Can't Believe In
- Gaza: Another Jihadist Ploy to Fuel Worldwide Anti-Semitism
- Did NBC Risk Employee Lives in a Green Agenda Stunt?
- Obama Out-Gores Gore at Climate Summit
- Has Obama Overplayed the Race Card?
- Strengthening Mac's 'Fear The Redistributor' Message
- How Obama Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the R-Bomb
- Senate 'Bailout' Bill a Bizarre Blend Indeed
- Wrecks, Lies and Barney Frank
- They're Launching America's First Carbon Cap-And-Trade Program Today?
- The Climate Alarmist Manifesto
- Congress Fiddled With Warming While Earth Cooled
- Gore Celebrates Israel's 60th With Whoppers
- Broaching That Other Off-Limits Obama Topic
- Are Global Warmists Pulling a Cool Fast One?
- Newt's Global Warming Surprise
- Al Gore's Global Warming Therapy
- NBC's Equivalence Even Less Moral than Obama's
- NY Climate Conference: Journey to the Center of Warming Sanity
- Here Come the Green Car-Jackers
- Black Hillary Supporters May Be Receiving Death Threats
- A President's Day Superdelegate Super Sale?
- A Super Delicate Super Delegate Dilemma
- Rudy Could Pave McCain's Road to the Whitehouse
- Democrats and Conspiracy Theories
- Is America Ready For a Failed Obama Candidacy?
- How Green Was My Bali
- Global Warmists Exploit the Holocaust
- Gore's Deceptive Rolling Stone Interview
- Mind Games of the Big Green Scare Machine
- Come on Cosby: It's Time to Come Clean about AIDS
- Al Qaeda Targets Our Schoolchildren
- Nominate Olson - Then Stand Up and Fight
- Why Would Anyone Trust NASA's Climate Data Now?
- Al Gore Slings Bogus Borrowed Charges
- Casualties of Anti-War
- More NY Times NIE LIEs
- Bald Eagle No Longer Endangered - Malaria Victims Still Are
- Manmade Global Warming: The Real Assault on Reason
- Kyoto and the G8: A Day Late and a Euro Short
- Kyoto and the G8: A Day Late and a Euro Short
- SCOTUS Emits Scare Pollution
- Terrorists Targeting Students: The Kids are not Alright
- Who's on First
- AP Global Warming Writer Over the Top - Again
- They'll Never Stop Saying... Sharia
- As Went the Dodo so Will Kyoto
- Obama, Lincoln and the Reformation of Black History
- The IPCC Should Leave Science to Scientists
- The Kennedy, Chavez & Chomsky Pipeline
- Pat Leahy: Canary in a Data Mine
- Pelosi: God Bless the Child that's not at Home
- The Imam Scam and the Democrats' House of Games
- Iran Offers Holocaust Deniers a Friendly Forum
- Islamic Wars MMVI: Return of the Shiites
- Pelosi, Hastings and the Future of House Democrats
- The Al Qaeda Bomb is Coming � Vote for your Life!
- The Dusk of North Korea's Sunshine
- Foley's Rehab
- How to LIE about the NIE
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Sharia?
- The Ho Chi Minh Trail to Beirut
- License, Insurance Card, and Race, Please
- Gore's Grave New World
- Gore's Global Warming Snow Job
- Ann Coulter and the Myth of Liberal Tolerance
- Green Piece of Junk Science
- Iran a Tough Race
- Misinformation, Misquotes, Misattributions and Matthews